Archive for the ‘Sunday School’ tag
The text for this lesson is Joshua 6:1–27.
- God saved the Israelites by causing the fortress walls of Jericho to tumble and fall and by guiding them through His servant Joshua. God saves us by causing the fortress of sin and death to tumble and fall through the redeeming work of Jesus so that we might become and remain His people.
- Law: Prideful, I place my trust in the false walls of self-security; my works and my accomplishments weakly crumble around me.
- Gospel: God delivers me from the ruin of my sin and provides me a mighty fortress in Christ.
- Bible Words: Psalm 46:10.
- Faith Words: exalt, Jesus, salvation, sin.
- Catechism: The First Commandment.
The text for this lesson is Joshua 3:1—5:12.
- At the Jordan River, led by Joshua, Israel left the desert and entered the Promised Land of milk and honey; in the water of our Baptism, led by Christ, we leave behind the desert of sin, death, and Satan and enter into our heavenly promised land.
- Law: In sin, I am ever-complaining and unrepentant, wearily wandering in the desert of death, determined to go my own way.
- Gospel: In Baptism, Christ lifts me from the grave, joins me to His own baptism and His own body, the Church, and leads me and the Church into the land of rest.
- Bible Words: Titus 3:5.
- Faith Words: Ark of the Covenant, Jordan River, Promised Land, tribe.
- Catechism: Holy Baptism
The text for this lesson is Numbers 21:4–9.
- As the bronze serpent was lifted up to heal and save the Israelites from the snakes, so Christ was lifted up on the cross to heal and save us from sin, death, and the devil.
- Law: I have been bitten and poisoned by sin and death and foolishly complain when life is not what I want or expect.
- Gospel: God calls me to repentance and points me to Christ, who heals me by His death and resurrection.
- Catechism: 2nd Article of the Creed
The Seeds of Faith Podcast for September 14, 2008, covering the lesson “The Twelve Spies in Canaan,” is now available.
Now, you can listen to our podcasts right on the web page! There’s no need to download anything or to bother with manually importing files into your media player. You can also subscribe to this podcast using iTunes by clicking the button to the right.
If you would rather download the podcast, you can still do so by clicking on the link under the media player below. You may need to right-click on the link and select “Save As…” to save the file to your computer’s hard disk.