Archive for the ‘Podcast’ tag
Our sincere apologies to our listeners, as events have consipired to make this week’s podcast significantly later than previous weeks.
The audio is ready and the show notes will be going up first thing tomorrow morning.
The following week’s podcast is on-schedule and should be posted automatically over the weekend. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Thanks for listening!
The text for this lesson is 1 Samuel 1:1—3:21.
- For the sake of Christ, God, who is ever eager to forgive us and grant us His grace, calls all to repentance through preachers such as Samuel.
- Law: The Lord’s holy people often appear to out-sin the most ungodly pack of sinners imaginable. There is more than a little of Eli and his sons in all of us. Time and again, selfishness suffocates sanctity.
- Gospel: The Lord’s people are holy because they are the Lord’s. Holiness is not an achievement but an endowment. He calls all to repentance through preachers such as Samuel, ever eager to forgive for the sake of Christ, who was born of a woman very much like singing Hannah of old.
The text for this lesson is Joshua 6:1–27.
- God saved the Israelites by causing the fortress walls of Jericho to tumble and fall and by guiding them through His servant Joshua. God saves us by causing the fortress of sin and death to tumble and fall through the redeeming work of Jesus so that we might become and remain His people.
- Law: Prideful, I place my trust in the false walls of self-security; my works and my accomplishments weakly crumble around me.
- Gospel: God delivers me from the ruin of my sin and provides me a mighty fortress in Christ.
- Bible Words: Psalm 46:10.
- Faith Words: exalt, Jesus, salvation, sin.
- Catechism: The First Commandment.
Thank you all for your interest in the Seeds of Faith Podcast! We’re very excited to be bringing this resource to you in more convenient ways as we provide a stronger Web site, in-browser listening, and iTunes subscription links.
We’ve had a few questions regarding the whereabouts of the podcasts from the first lesson of the fall season as well as those episodes that were released over the summer. We’re working hard to make sure those podcasts are made available, and will be posting them very soon. Unfortunately, our previous host is no longer available, so there’s some work necessary to get the old episodes back up and ready for you to use.
Thanks for your patience while we complete this process!
The text for this lesson is Numbers 21:4–9.
- As the bronze serpent was lifted up to heal and save the Israelites from the snakes, so Christ was lifted up on the cross to heal and save us from sin, death, and the devil.
- Law: I have been bitten and poisoned by sin and death and foolishly complain when life is not what I want or expect.
- Gospel: God calls me to repentance and points me to Christ, who heals me by His death and resurrection.
- Catechism: 2nd Article of the Creed
The Seeds of Faith Podcast for September 14, 2008, covering the lesson “The Twelve Spies in Canaan,” is now available.
Now, you can listen to our podcasts right on the web page! There’s no need to download anything or to bother with manually importing files into your media player. You can also subscribe to this podcast using iTunes by clicking the button to the right.
If you would rather download the podcast, you can still do so by clicking on the link under the media player below. You may need to right-click on the link and select “Save As…” to save the file to your computer’s hard disk.