Archive for the ‘Deaconess’ tag
The text for this lesson is Acts 9:36–42
- The Lord continued His acts of charity and power through Dorcas and Peter.
- Law: We are often so busy with our own agendas that we give little time or thought to the needs of others, even those in our own congregations. The entire Church suffers loss at the death of one of its own.
- Gospel: Our greatest needs of forgiveness, life, and salvation have been met by Jesus’ full devotion; therefore, we joyfully contribute our talents and energy to meet human needs. The household of faith is comforted by the sure hope of resurrection to a blessed reunion.
- The entire church suffers loss at the death of one of its own. Why were the people of Joppa going to miss Dorcas especially?
- Why do you suppose Dorcas made garments and did good works for others?
- What does Jesus mean when He says, “as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you did it to Me”?
- How did God work through the humans in the Bible story to continue His acts of charity and mercy?