Is it possible to edit the format on a template say for a Collect? I have noticed that the Collect for Grace in Morning Prayer displays with only the collect. Is it possible to alter that template to display the "P" box before the collect text and include a congregation Amen at the end? Or, better yet, create an option to select that would display this format?
Customizing a #content# template(3 posts)
Yeah, that is possible. But it's a little tricky.
1) Create a service based on Morning Prayer
2) Save that as a custom order of service. (In the Plan Service Task, there's a button in the lower-right that says "Save As...")
3) In My Worship Resources Task, open that liturgy, find the collect and edit it.
4) In a template, there's always a bit of text that says #content#---that's where the content (in this case a collect) is plugged in. If you select that bit of text and click the button with the [P] on it, it will be put within a responsorial.
5) You can type "Amen" after that, change the [P] button to a [C] button using the drop-down on the right end of the button, and apply that to the "Amen".
6) Base new services on your customer Morning Prayer service instead of the one in Lutheran Service Book
Note: I just tried this out: the result doesn't show up like you'd expect in the preview in Plan Service Task, but it shows up correctly in Bulletin Task. (The reason is that the preview in Plan Service Task doesn't render templates.)
You must log in to post.