Installing Lutheran Service Builder
From LSB Documentation
Lutheran Service Builder has been professionally developed, constructed, and packaged to work with your computer like any other application you regularly use. You will find that installing Lutheran Service Builder will feel very familiar and comfortable, and the process will be smooth, quick, and effortless. To install Lutheran Service Builder, please perform the following:
- Remove the CD-ROM from the packaging, and insert it into your computer's CD-ROM drive,
- Visit the Lutheran Service Builder Web site to download the most recent version of Builder, and double-click it to start the installer.
- The installation program should run automatically if you inserted the CD-ROM. If it does not, go to Start > My Computer, or double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop. Double-click the icon for your CD-ROM drive (usually D:), and then double-click on the icon titled Install Lutheran Service Builder.
- The Installer will check to ensure you have the required versions of the Windows Installer and the .NET Framework. Both are required for Lutheran Service Builder to run. If your computer requires an update to either, those components will be installed automatically before proceeding with the installation of Lutheran Service Builder.
- The Installer will load and present an introductory screen. Click Next to begin.
- The End-User License Agreement (EULA) will be presented for you. The EULA outlines the rights granted to you as a user of Lutheran Service Builder. Read the terms, or if you prefer, use the Print button in the lower-right to send a copy of the EULA to your printer. When you have read the Agreement and accepted its terms, select the appropriate response and then click Next.
You will not be permitted to install Lutheran Service Builder unless you agree to these terms.
- The Installer will ask you where you would like to install Lutheran Service Builder. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\Concordia Publishing House\Lutheran Service Builder\
If you would prefer to install the program in a different location on your computer, click the Change... button and you will be given an option to select an alternate location. When you are ready to install, click Next.
- Next, you will be asked where you would like to install the databases used by Lutheran Service Builder to store saved information and master data like the hymnal and lectionary information. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\Concordia Publishing House\Lutheran Service Builder\Data\
If you would prefer to install the data files in a different location on your computer or to a networked location, click the Change... button and you will be given an option to select an alternate location. Networked locations must used mapped network drives.
- You will be prompted to enter your customer information. It is important that you enter this information accurately for licensing purposes. Please input the name of the primary user of the computer on which you are installing the program, and the name of your congregation or organization. You will also need to input your CPH Customer Number, which can be found on your order packing slip. Click Next when you are done. You cannot continue until you have filled in all required information.
- The Installer will present one final confirmation dialogue before the Installer will set up Lutheran Service Builder on your computer. When you are ready, click the Install button. You'll see a progress bar and some messages indicating to you the status of your installation. When it's complete, you'll receive a confirmation message. Click the Finish button to complete the installation process.
- You're done with the installation! Now, it's time to customize Lutheran Service Builder for your unique needs.